This article covers the following topics:
DataFlow : LoopReturns Return to NetSuite Item Receipt Add
Loop has the ability to generate the shipping labels while placing a return to ship the return items. However, it’s a return policy setting for the merchant. If merchants do not turn on shipping labels on the loop, during the return process no label is generated. Customers will be shown the address to ship their items back to on the Customer Portal confirmation page.
IA supports importing the Item Receipts into NetSuite. The criteria to create the Item receipts in NetSuite is as follows
- If a return has a shipping label generated, should satisfy the following conditions
- Shipping Label status should be “delivered” (0R) return status should be “closed”
- If the return does not have the shipping label, the return status should be “closed”
Integration App has the following 2 flows to import the Item Receipts into NetSuite
- LoopReturns Return to NetSuite Item Receipt Add
- LoopReturns Return to NetSuite Item Receipt Add (Retry)
The first flow is the batch flow which will export all the modified returns in LoopReturns from the flow lastExportDateTime and Shipping Label status is “delivered” (0R) return status is “closed”. For all the returns that are exported, item receipts will be created in NetSuite which changes the return authorization status to Pending Refund.
The second flow is the retry flow which is based on the NetSuite saved search. The saved search will get all the NetSuite Return Authorizations that are created by our IA and are in “Pending Receipt” status. For every record on the NetSuite Saved search, will look up LoopReturns for Shipping Label status and return status. If the Shipping Label status is “delivered” (0R) return status is “closed”, will create the item receipt in NetSuite else will ignore the record. This is a brute force method, to make sure we don’t miss creating item receipts for the NetSuite Return Authorizations that our IA imported. The retry flow runs based on the saved search, so we can add criteria of our choice on what item receipts we want to import back into NetSuite.
- In case the merchant doesn’t turn on shipping labels on the LoopReturns Return Policy or the return is not eligible for the shipping Label, an Item receipt will be imported into NetSuite only after closing the return in the LoopReturns or the client should manually create the Item Receipt
- Only the Return Authorizations that are imported into NetSuite via our IA are eligible to import the item receipts
- Does not support setting up inventory details for the LOT and/or Serialized items in NetSuite during the Item Receipt creation and requires customization.
DataFlow : NetSuite Item Receipt to LoopReturns Flag Returns
Flagging a return in LoopReturns prevent processing automated processing and will require a human to go into the merchant admin in Loop and review this return. All the flagged returns will go into the Needs Review tab on the LoopReturns Returns Page.
IA supports flagging the return in LoopReturns. Integration App has the following flow to flag the returns in LoopReturns.
- 3. NetSuite Item Receipt to LoopReturns Flag Returns
The flow runs based on the saved search, the criteria for the saved search is set to get all the item receipts with Return Authorization status “Pending Refund/Partially received” or ”Partially received”. All the records in the saved search are flagged in the LoopReturns and we can access these flagged returns under the Needs Review tab on the LoopReturns Returns Page. Since the flow runs based on the saved search, we can add criteria of our choice on what returns to be flagged in LoopReturns.
- Only the Return Authorizations that are imported into NetSuite via our IA are eligible to flag the returns in the LoopReturns
- All the flagged returns are to be manually processed in the LoopReturns.
- In case the client wants to process even the flagged returns in the LoopReturns from our Integrations App, then they need to reach out to the LoopReturns Support enable some settings from their end to allow processing the flagged returns via the AP
DataFlow : NetSuite Item Receipt to LoopReturns Process Refund
Once the item is received in the warehouse and the item receipt is created on the Return Authorization, we are ready to initiate the refund process in the LoopReturns.
Integration App has the following flow to initiate the refund process in the LoopReturns.
- NetSuite Item Receipt to LoopReturns Process Refund
The flow runs based on the saved search, the criteria for the saved search is set to get all the item receipts that are created for the NetSuite Return Authorizations that are created by our IA. All the records in the saved search are processed in the LoopReturns which in turn will initiate the refund process in Shopify. Since the flow runs based on the saved search, we can add criteria of our choice on what returns are to be processed in LoopReturns.
- Only the Return Authorizations that are imported into NetSuite via our IA are eligible to process the returns in the LoopReturns
- The Integration App does not change the label status of a Return in Loop Returns to “delivered” as Loop Returns API does not allow this. Hence, the data flow triggers an actual refund in Loop Returns. (It is observed that Loop Returns changes the status of a return in its system to “closed” when a refund is processed). Integration App only initiates the refund process in Loop Returns and is not responsible for the actual refund process done by Loop Returns.
- Loop only has the ability to either fully process the return or flag the return, there isn’t a “partial process” functionality either within admin or through API.
- In the case of partial returns, merchants have to flag those returns manually or via our integration. Then in the Loop admin (maybe every couple of days, etc they check the flagged returns) cancel the return that has the missing item, then create a new return with only the item(s) that actually got returned, and then process/approve that one.
- Item receipts should be created with all the items in the RMA as Loop Returns API doesn’t support partial refunds. Even if a partial item receipt is created, the return is fully refunded in loop returns.
- Re-stock inventory option cannot be controlled via integration and should be configured in the Loop Returns panel